[Twisted-Python] ssl APIs

meejah meejah at meejah.ca
Thu Dec 3 22:14:53 MST 2015

I've been fooling around with the Twisted SSL APIs.

I'd like to add a "loadPEM" and documentation to ssl.KeyPair; shall I
open a ticket and start this, or is there a reason it doesn't have a
loadPEM() like some of the other classes (or any docstrings)? It is
exported as a public class in "ssl".

Also I'm wondering why CertificateOptions takes actual OpenSSL objects
for args, instead of the Twisted equivalents; this leads to code
accessing ".original" all the time if you use Twisted APIs to load
Certificate (and friends) which seems .. odd. Perhaps either a
Certificate *or* the correct underlying OpenSSL object could be
accepted?

There also doesn't seem to be a way around importing
OpenSSLCertificateAuthorities from _sslverify (i.e. "private" class) if
you want to give optionsForClientTLS() more than a single certificate as
trustRoot. The only way I can see is to construct one of those from a
list of OpenSSL certificate instances and pass that as trustRoot=

Thanks for any hints,

--
meejah