[Twisted-Python] Getting started on making the move to the new logging system

Eeshan Garg jerryguitarist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 22:12:36 MDT 2015

Hello, Glyph! :-)

> My initial suggestion - don't take this too authoritatively, I'd be happy
> for input from anyone else - would be that the next step would be to simply
> identify a module that has some interesting log events, make a ticket for
> logging them using the new system, and then write a patch for that ticket.

There is a possibility that I misunderstood what you had actually meant,
but I assure you that I was not being or even trying to be authoritative,
however, if it seemed like I was, I sincerely apologize. Also, if you felt
inclined to point this out to me, then it probably means it is another one
of those things about myself that I need to work on and rectify. :-) Also,
I'd be more than glad for input from anyone else as well. I did not intend
for this email to be addressed exclusively to one or two person(s),
however, if it seemed like that, again I apologize. And I'll make sure
these things don't happen again. :-)

One more thing I would like to say, when I said "advice and guidance
regarding this" below:

I was talking to adiroiban and hawkowl on IRC about this, and they also
recommended that I send an email to the mailing list before getting
started, so here I am. I would really appreciate it if you could give me
some advice and guidance regarding this. :-)

> Sounds like good advice.
>
> Good luck, and feel free to keep asking questions,
>
> -glyph

"regarding this" in that sentence refers to guidance and advice regarding
all of my questions that I had asked in the previous paragraph; these words
did not imply that I needed guidance regarding what hawkowl and adiroiban
had already advised me to do. But now when I go back and read my initial
email, I admit that my first email could have been more well-structured and
I can see gaping holes in my structure of writing and writing in general
that I plan on improving. ;-)

Warm regards,
Eeshan Garg