[Twisted-Python] Looking for some advice debugging issue with transport.write calls

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Apr 27 14:55:35 MDT 2015

> On Apr 27, 2015, at 1:05 PM, Brian Costlow <brian.costlow at gmail.com> wrote:

Nothing strikes me as obviously wrong about this code (except the "deferToThread" which seems slightly
suspicious, since nothing in the example appears to have anything to do with threads, and whenever you get threads involved things get complicated).

This seems to be a hugely complex example though, full of interactions with other systems, and nothing resembling a minimal example which demonstrates the behavior.  I hope someone else has better luck diagnosing it, but it looks like your problem is well outside of Twisted, and you are unlikely to get an answer here unless you can provide more relevant details.  I appreciate that you tried to provide lots of diagnostic information in your question, but in the absence of a program I can run, I can't tell if most of it is important or not :-\.

Sending data with transport.write should, as you say, "just work".

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, and good luck,

-glyph