[Twisted-Python] twisted and twisted-infra organizations on GitHub

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Fri Apr 24 01:10:30 MDT 2015

On 3 April 2015 at 01:43,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On 2 Apr, 12:37 pm, adi at roiban.ro wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like suggest the following changes regarding the way repos are
>> organized in GitHub.
>>
>> Move all twisted-infra repos into Twisted organization.. and maybe
>> merge many twisted-infra repos into braid.
>>
>> Move treq, klein, txmongo, filepath... divmod projects into a new
>> organization dedicated to projects which are part of Twisted
>> ecosystem. Any project which imports Twisted can be part of it.
>>
>> What do you say?
>

> Perhaps you can explain why someone would want to do this.  As is, it sounds
> like a lot of busy work that, at best, will confuse and disrupt people.  If
> you explain what benefit would come from making this change, maybe it will
> be easier to see why it's a good idea.

The goal is for Twisted developers to monitor a single organization.

Right now, if I check all issues [1] or pull request from Twisted
organization I have filter a lot of repos.

When wearing the Twisted core dev hat I should only care about twisted
/ twistedcheckers / twisted-dev-tools / news-builder / pydoctor.

Why should I care about txmongo or need to create a custom filter to
exclude such projects?

As a twisted core dev I should also care for the twisted-infra since
it its results are used by every dev.

[1] https://github.com/issues?user=twisted

--
Adi Roiban