[Twisted-Python] Adding support for Diameter protocol

Hamza Sheikh fehrist at codeghar.com
Tue Apr 14 21:58:31 MDT 2015

On 4/13/15, 10:42 PM, Glyph wrote:

> What is Diameter?

Diameter is part of the Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
(AAA) family. It's a successor to RADIUS and is widely used in the
telecommunications/mobile industry.

> I don't mean to discourage anyone from volunteering - if you get a
> direct answer from someone else then great :) - but it would probably be
> easiest for you to begin just by asking questions of the mailing list,
> and perhaps formalizing a mentorship relationship later.  Most twisted
> core team members tend to be very busy, but the community as a whole
> does a pretty good job of keeping up with the questions here.
>   Personally I'd love to offer to mentor you, but I am fairly overloaded
> as it is and would not be able to give you the attention you deserve.

I understand.

> You might want to check this out as a resource to get started on the
> development process, just to close a few trivial bugs to get the hang of
> it before starting the larger project of Diameter support:
>
> http://bitly.com/easy-twisted-tickets

Starting with fixing easy bugs is a fantastic idea. I'll browse to see
where I can contribute.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

--
Hamza Sheikh