[Twisted-Python] GPRS/Modem protocol through USB support

Bram Van Steenlandt bram at diomedia.be
Mon Sep 22 08:57:55 MDT 2014

Hi,

I'm using a gsm modem for sending sms messages, the modem is rs232 so I
have to use and ftdi adapter.
You can use these with pyserial in a thread in twisted.
It uses AT commands, I have one from sierra wireless, some phones can do
the same.

3G/internet is something else, here you just need something the
operating system will support, twisted doesn't care how you are connected.

Bram