[Twisted-Python] Python 3.3 buildslaves

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Sep 15 00:07:12 MDT 2014

On 15 September 2014 01:09,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/7355 is a blocker
> for the release of Twisted 14.1 and #7355 is blocked Python 3.3 buildbot
> configuration/availability issues.
>
> Who can look at why one of the Python 3.3 slaves is offline and why
> the two slaves are configured differently?
>
> Thanks,
> Jean-Paul

I would llike to help, but I don't know if I have the permission to do it.

In the past, I took a look at how buildbots are configured, and I
discovered that there are a lot of customizations and that there is a
separate repo/process for updating the buildbots and that special
privileges are required to touch the buildslaves.

--------

>From my point of view, #7355 is a simple ticket and the fact that it
took 4 months and it is still not merged should raise some serious
concerns regarding the sustainability of the current Twisted
development process.

--
Adi Roiban