[Twisted-Python] a brief note about buildbots

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 16:56:18 MDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz
<glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Twistosophists,
>
> Some of you doing reviews (you ARE all doing code reviews, right!?!?) might
> have noticed that some of the boxes on the left side of of the supported
> builds page were dark grey, meaning that they were offline.
>
> I spent some time over the last couple of days doing some administrative
> housekeeping and rebooting computers, and all of our supported builders are
> now back online!  This makes me feel much better about the possibility of
> doing a release again someday :-).
>
> Speaking of colors of boxes on that page, though, we should probably try to
> turn some of them from red to green...
>
> -glyph
>
> P.S.: Thanks to Rackspace for providing both (A) the cloud resources we're
> running many these tests on, and (B) my time to do this sort of maintenance.

Long Live Glyph!
(Rackspace probably receives their credits in the market share)

I presume you're using Firefox for all browsing needs. Am I right? =) In Chrome
I've noticed an empty box with missing image at the highscore page leading to
https://sm7.sitemeter.com/meter.asp?site=sm7twistedmatrix

And when I open linked buildbot page at:
https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/boxes-supported?branch=trunk&num_builds=4
Chrome says that "Attackers might be trying to steal your information from
buildbot.twistedmatrix.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)."
Not your, of course, but mine, so I am double worried about that
invalid security
certificate issued to www.twistedmatrix.com and deployed on buildbot.t.c

BTW, how do you count tests? Is this config available somewhere?

--
anatoly t.