[Twisted-Python] spawnProcess - reapProcess not retrying on failures

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Sep 3 07:05:06 MDT 2014

On 2 September 2014 14:50,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On 01:38 pm, jmp at editshare.com wrote:

[snip]

>> Without my workaround, I continue to have the problem with the
>> gtk2reactor.
>
> Have you reported this bug?
>
> Jean-Paul

In my initial use case, signal handlers were not installed since I
wanted a custom behaviour for SIGINT, SIGTERM, SIGBREAK so that I can
use my custom Unix Daemon and Windows Service adapters.

I understand why reactor.run has the installSignalHandlers argument.

Do you think it would make sense to have some kind of public API which
would skip handlers for SIGINT, SIGTERM, SIGBREAK (as they only do
reactor.stop())  but would install the SIGCHLD handler?

Thanks!

--
Adi Roiban