[Twisted-Python] what is a non-class class?

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang.kde at rohdewald.de
Wed Sep 3 01:55:26 MDT 2014

Am Mittwoch, 3. September 2014, 00:29:59 schrieb Glyph:
> > That is my problem. How do I know if the object is of a non-class class?
>
> isinstance(something, (types.ClassType, type)).

but that will make it possible to attach a method even to type "int"

Python2:

>>> isinstance(int, type)
True

> True
> False

Sure but the test only gets the class and it should certainly not instantiate it.

Meanwhile I believe it is best to simply remove the test since python itself
will reject most:

>>> a=int
>>> a.x=5
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: can't set attributes of built-in/extension type 'int'

--
Wolfgang