[Twisted-Python] jelly with new-style classes: method references are not resolved

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Sep 1 06:52:56 MDT 2014

On 12:31 pm, wolfgang.kde at rohdewald.de wrote:
>Am Montag, 1. September 2014, 11:57:22 schrieb
>exarkun at twistedmatrix.com:
>> >Why has this fix never been included? It is necessary for porting to
>> >Python 3.
>>
>>Perhaps because the ticket was never given the "review" keyword - so
>>no
>>one ever noticed that there was a potential fix attached to it.
>
>So I should formally be able to review this since I am not the author.

Hi Wolfgang,

Your input on the issue would be much appreciated, yes.  However, since
neither you nor the contributor has commit access, you can't actually
grant the ticket a passing review.
>What I can say for certain is that the fix looks OK, and porting to
>Python3 depends on it.
>
>Could somebody else please review this ticket 4935?

I took a look at the patch.  There are a couple issues:

  1) The tests are not written as unit tests which integrate into the
existing test suite.  They need to be rewritten so that `trial twisted`
will run them.

  2) It wasn't immediately obvious to me how the issue is fixed by the
patch.  It would be nice to either comment on the ticket explaining how
the change fixes the problem or add such information in a comment near
the code that is changing.

Thanks,
Jean-Paul