[Twisted-Python] Twisted 14.0.1 Release Announcement

HawkOwl hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Wed Sep 17 05:57:48 MDT 2014

On behalf of Twisted Matrix Laboratories, I’m releasing Twisted 14.0.1, a security release for Twisted 14.0. It is strongly suggested that users of 14.0.0 upgrade to this release.

This patches a bug in Twisted Web’s Agent, where BrowserLikePolicyForHTTPS would not honour the trust root given, and would use the system trust root instead. This would have broken, for example, attempting to pin the issuer for your HTTPS application because you only trust one issuer.

Note: on OS X, with the system OpenSSL, you still can't fully rely on this API for issuer pinning, due to modifications by Apple — please see <https://hynek.me/articles/apple-openssl-verification-surprises/> for more details.

You can find the downloads at <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Twisted> (or alternatively <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads>). The NEWS file is also available at <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/tags/releases/twisted-14.0.1/NEWS?format=raw>.

Thanks for Alex Gaynor for discovering the bug, Glyph & Alex for developing a patch, and David Reid for reviewing it.

Twisted Regards,
HawkOwl