[Twisted-Python] my branches merged by you (exarkun)

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Oct 5 08:20:35 MDT 2014

On 12:00 pm, wolfgang.kde at rohdewald.de wrote:
>That should have been exarkun, not itamar. Sorry for that.
>
>Am Sonntag, 5. Oktober 2014, 11:59:40 schrieb Wolfgang Rohdewald:
>>Thanks for fixing my mistakes!
>>
>>Based on your fixes I started a personal checklist, see below.
>>Is that list correct so far? (it will not include things I already
>>did right)
>>
>>I noticed that you also changed 'x' to b'x' in some places. I did
>>not do that yet because it is not needed for those tickets, I wanted
>>to keep them small and focussed.

I think I only did this where new uses of 'x' was being introduced to
represent a bytes object.  My goal is for new code being added to be as
correct as possible so that it doesn't increase the burden of making
these fixes later.  The time when the code is being first introduced is
the time when it's easiest to make sure these things are correct.
>>Instead I am planning tickets for just that: (after minimizing the
>>number of places to be fixed)
>>twisted.spread.banana and tests: literal strings become bytes where
>>appropriate
>>twisted.spread.jelly and tests: define *_atom consistently for all
>>atoms, change them to bytes
>>twisted.spread.pb and tests: literal strings become bytes where
>>appropriate
>>
>>The current checklist:
>>
>>Line length max. 79
>>*.rst doc: One line per sentence, no length limit
>>fully qualified names in doc and news, twisted.*
>>no __ in Twisted. Everything in a test case is private anyway.
>>if possible __execute__ (not __define__) only one assert per test

Hmm.  Yes?  I'm not sure.  What do you have in mind here?
>>document changed API like raising more or different exceptions
>>use new print() formatting syntax
>>Document and isolate test code using the private API of the module to
>>be tested.

I'm also unsure about this one.
>>test everything with PY2.6 too
>>did twistedchecker add new warnings?
>>news: most frequent form: Qualified now does ...
>>news about spread belong into twisted/topfiles
>>doc: not pb but PB
>>Epydoc
>>docstring ends with point
>>break docstring lines not sooner than needed
>>avoid the word “test” in test docstrings
>>do not use the “I am” form in docstrings
>>test docstring: describe what happens, including exceptions
>>doc: avoid mentioning the private API

Apart from those two items, the rest of these look great.

Jean-Paul