[Twisted-Python] Call For Participation: a review rally before the race!

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Oct 9 16:56:14 MDT 2014

On November 1, ClusterHQ is going to be hosting a Twisted sprint in Boston.

One of the things that tends to put a damper on such events is the perpetual backlog of tickets in review, many of which have been there seemingly forever.

I would like to propose that we - the whole Twisted community, but especially Twisted committers - give these sprinters a morale boost, by giving them a clean slate, review-queue wise.  This will let them focus on developing cool new stuff, getting a release out, fixing gnarly old bugs, or whatever strikes their fancy, instead of just grinding through reviews the whole time, or feeling bad about leaving those reviews outstanding.

Right now, we have 58 tickets in review.

<https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/report/25>

Here's my proposal:

I am looking for at least 4 volunteers for a "review rally" starting on Monday, October 13.  If each of 5 reviewers (the 4 volunteers, plus myself) can review 2 tickets per day for one week, until Sunday, October 19, we can clear 70 tickets, which should take care of the existing 58 tickets currently queued up, plus any that get resubmitted during that week.

While some volunteers should be Twisted committers since we have plenty of pending contributions from non-committers that need review, there are at least 11 tickets in review from core contributors right now, so non-committer volunteers are equally appreciated!

Of course, if we get 9 volunteers, then each reviewer only has to do one ticket per day, an even more tractable goal.  And so on into the higher numbers :-).

Who is with me?!?!

-glyph

P.S.: While you should of course do this out of its self-evident merit, I do plan to recognize participation in some way, at least with a commemorative page on twistedmatrix.com, and possibly also with something a little goofy like a Mozilla Open Badge :-).