[Twisted-Python] I would like to port twisted to c++(14)

HawkOwl hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Fri Nov 28 04:22:51 MST 2014

On 28 Nov 2014, at 18:43, Danny Shemesh <dany74q at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am Danny, a C++ dev,
> I'm familiar with twisted from past projects and by this day I am enchanted with its magic.
>
> I would like to port twisted to c++ (or at least the base ot it) and have couple of questions -
> 1. Is it legally ok to port it and open source it at github ?
> 2. Would anyone consider helping to this cause ?
> 3. Would you know of a code base that would benefit from such port ?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Danny,

As Twisted is offered under a MIT license, you can legally port it without worry. However, I am not sure about the usefulness of it — part of the greatness of Twisted is that you can do all this low-level networking in a language that is completely portable, understandable, and “safe” — a C++ port would kind of defeat most of these, and would likely offer no benefits over existing event loop-using solutions in C++, such as libuv.

-hawkie