[Twisted-Python] How do I debug this network problem?

Peter Westlake peter.westlake at pobox.com
Mon Nov 17 17:42:19 MST 2014

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014, at 20:25, Glyph wrote:

>> On Nov 17, 2014, at 19:32, Peter Westlake
>> <peter.westlake at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's a known bug in Python!http://bugs.python.org/issue1038591,
>> "Python 2.3+ socket._fileobject handles EAGAIN with data loss".
>
> This bug is in socket.makefile(), which Twisted never uses - not
> socket.socket().

Okay, how about http://bugs.python.org/issue9090, "Issue #9090 : Error
code 10035 calling socket.recv() on a socket with a timeout
(WSAEWOULDBLOCK - A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed
immediately)"?

I actually found that one first, but it appeared to be Windows-only.
Further down the comments it becomes clear that it's not, and the patch
at https://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/8ec39bfd1f01 confirms that.

It would be good news if it was 9090, because it's easier to switch to
Python 2.7.8 than 3.

Peter.