[Twisted-Python] Permissions to trigger buildbot tests

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Nov 17 06:40:48 MST 2014

On 09:44 am, adi at roiban.ro wrote:
>On 16 November 2014 22:44, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>>Is there a wiki page describing what are the steps required for a
>>>regular
>>>contributor to get permissions to run buildbot tests and get write
>>>access
>>>to the repo?
>>
>>I'll send you the credentials off-list.  FWIW, this is password
>>protected
>>only because spambots found the form and kept triggering garbage
>>builds.
>>
>>There's no standard policy or procedure for granting commit access to
>>the
>>repository.  Usually it goes like "someone asks for it, someone gives
>>it to
>>them".
>

>I got them.
>
>Is there a wiki page describing how buildbot should be used?

I just created
<https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContinuousIntegration/DeveloperWorkflow>.
Feel free to edit it if you think parts are unclear.  Or point out any
questions you think it doesn't answer.  I haven't linked to it from
anywhere yet.  Suggestions about where a good place (such that people
will actually find it) welcome.
>I found some notes hidden in the review process page... it looks like
>builds are triggered from the web page with click.

I guess maybe this would be an okay place?
>The review page also talks about a misterious force-builds.py script
>which
>is not part of the main twisted repo.. or at least, I could not found
>it

It's part of one of the twisted dev tools repositories (used to be
twisted-dev-tools but I think someone moved it, not sure exactly to
where).  Perhaps you could update this page to mention where - if you
find it.

Jean-Paul