[Twisted-Python] Permissions to trigger buildbot tests

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Nov 17 05:10:30 MST 2014

On 17 November 2014 11:55, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On 11:48 am, adi at roiban.ro wrote:
>

>> Is there a reason why a try scheduler is not implemented? I find it
>> awesome
>> for TDD!
>>
>> On my normal workflow I can do this, even without commiting changes:
>>
>> ./HELPER test some.test
>> ./HELPER test-remote sol-10-sparc some.test
>>
>> test-remote just wraps buildot try --builder --properties --wait --vc
>>

> Because it requires setting up proper credentials to access control the
> feature.

But there are already credentials for the HTTP status page... why not
configure the same credentials for buildbot try?

What I would like to hear is something like this:

* buildbot try is too simple, does not work with our workflow and for our
project... we don't want to spend time implementing it

or

* buildbot try could help, it still has some problems and  we don't have
time to fix issue 1, 2, 3, ... etc

--
Adi Roiban