[Twisted-Python] Permissions to trigger buildbot tests

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Nov 17 04:48:57 MST 2014

On 17 November 2014 11:04, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2014, at 10:53, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>
> I tried to use buildbot, but I failed :)
>
> I want to ask buildbot to run the test for a patch:
> * apply the patch to trunk
> * run all test
> * publish a link to trac
>
> How do I do that without creating a branch, ie requiring write permissions
> to main repo?
>

> This is not currently possible.  Permission to get the buildbots to run
> code is managed via write permissions to the SVN repository.  In other
> words: we do not have a buildbot try scheduler.

Can I then get write permissions for SVN repo?
I will not touch trunk, only create branches for tests.

----

Is there a reason why a try scheduler is not implemented? I find it awesome
for TDD!

On my normal workflow I can do this, even without commiting changes:

./HELPER test some.test
./HELPER test-remote sol-10-sparc some.test

test-remote just wraps buildot try --builder --properties --wait --vc

--
Adi Roiban