[Twisted-Python] twisted ssl server and client

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Nov 6 12:04:42 MST 2014

> On Nov 5, 2014, at 11:54 AM, John Aherne <johnaherne at rocs.co.uk> wrote:

You're asking a lot of questions in your original message, so let me just focus on this one:

> The docs seem to say that on Windows there is no cert store to be used as trustRoot.
>
> If anyone can throw some light on this I would be very grateful.

On Windows, most distributions of OpenSSL don't include a default cert store.  However, you can bundle your own certificates as OpenSSL's default trust store, put them in the correct location, and Twisted will load them; there's nothing platform-specific about that code.  That's probably your best bet, right now.

-glyph