[Twisted-Python] porting twisted.spread to Python3

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Nov 3 20:20:52 MST 2014

> On Nov 3, 2014, at 11:18 AM, Wolfgang Rohdewald <wolfgang.kde at rohdewald.de> wrote:
>
> there now is https://github.com/wrohdewald/twisted.git
>
> branch spread-py3-7598
>
> Not all is finished, especially utf-8 wherever Python 3
> allows it, pbfailure, and handling of wired exceptions.
>

> what should I do next to start getting this into trunk?
> Maybe
>
> - open a ticket for porting banana
> - create a branch with all commits for that

Yep, this is right.  Creating a patch and attaching it to the ticket would also be useful.

Opening a pull request is not a particularly useful part of this workflow :-).  The ticket is sufficient.  See <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/46> or any pull request closed recently for more information.

> I do not want to create one big patch because I think
> it is helpful to have more smaller commits.

> But I probably should wait with all that until ticket 7664 is merged.

I should note that this is already in review.  Anyone want to have a look?

-g