[Twisted-Python] Permissions to trigger buildbot tests

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Nov 16 03:04:40 MST 2014

Hi,

To help with the review process I would like to ask permissions for
triggering buildbot builds.

Is there a wiki page describing what are the steps required for a regular
contributor to get permissions to run buildbot tests and get write access
to the repo?

--------

In the same time, maybe we can write a few words about the steps required
for a new contributor to become a full reviewer. Ex.

1. Contribute a few patches (ex 10) and learn the basic review process.
   Observe how reviewers respond to your patch.

2. Start doing review as junior reviewer, without merging. Once you are ok
with the patch, invite another core developer to take a final view and
merge the patch

3. Once you have reviewed a few patches without errors (ex 10) you can ask
for full review permission or a core developer will let you know that you
can merge the patch without asking someone else.

This can be part of the current review process page:
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReviewProcess

What do you think?
Is not much, but should provide some guidance and hope!

Thanks!

--
Adi Roiban