[Twisted-Python] doWrite called on a twisted.internet.unix.Port

Killian De Smedt killiands at gmail.com
Wed May 7 09:09:03 MDT 2014

Hi Exarkun,

Thanks for the quick response. I should have specified those things
immediately.
I manually merged the UDP ipv6 branch in the trunk somewhere in august and
used that one, the version number is reported as [twisted, version 13.1.0].
The platform is always centos though the centos version might range from
5.x to 6.x, 32 bit, but most of the time it runs on a centos 5.2
installation (kernel on my working machine is 2.6.18). Python is 2.7.1 .
I use the default reactor which should come down to the epoll one.

I'll try to hack up the addwriter, it shouldn't be that hard to for just
that application.

Thank you,

Killian

On 7 May 2014 16:11, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On 01:47 pm, killiands at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I sometimes see the following error logged by a twisted application, it
>> only happens sporadically and I cannot even reproduce when trying to
>> re-execute the exact sequence of those failures. So giving an SSCCE is
>> quite impossible for now (sorry). Given this trace it's also hard to find
>> what was actually called/executed.
>>

> I've seen something like this with a somewhat old version of Twisted and a
> custom reactor.  I never tracked down the cause.
>
> What version of Twisted are you using, what platform are you on, and what
> reactor are you using?
>
> Another useful bit of debug information would be to hack up the reactor's
> `addWriter` method to do a check of the argument.  The call stack at *that*
> point (when the argument is a Port) is more interesting than the call stack
> at the point where `doWrite` is called.
>
> Jean-Paul

Killian De Smedt
mobile: +32 486/825 951