[Twisted-Python] doWrite called on a twisted.internet.unix.Port

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed May 7 08:11:23 MDT 2014

On 01:47 pm, killiands at gmail.com wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>I sometimes see the following error logged by a twisted application, it
>only happens sporadically and I cannot even reproduce when trying to
>re-execute the exact sequence of those failures. So giving an SSCCE is
>quite impossible for now (sorry). Given this trace it's also hard to
>find
>what was actually called/executed.

I've seen something like this with a somewhat old version of Twisted and
a custom reactor.  I never tracked down the cause.

What version of Twisted are you using, what platform are you on, and
what reactor are you using?

Another useful bit of debug information would be to hack up the
reactor's `addWriter` method to do a check of the argument.  The call
stack at *that* point (when the argument is a Port) is more interesting
than the call stack at the point where `doWrite` is called.

Jean-Paul