[Twisted-Python] tor hidden service endpoint parser returns a deferred

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri May 2 23:09:29 MDT 2014

On May 2, 2014, at 5:45 PM, David Stainton <dstainton415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm starting to think about the deployment issues... Perhaps someone
> on the list knows of the "correct" setup.py (distutils/setuputils?)
> procedure to deploy twisted plugins? I shall have to research this
> soon. For now my hacky development/testing flow works OK.

This stack overflow question still hasn't gotten a great answer:
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7275295/how-do-i-write-a-setup-py-for-a-twistd-twisted-plugin-that-works-with-setuptools>
If you figure something out, please post it there.

However, assuming a post-deluvian version of pip, this simple setup appears to work OK for me:
<https://github.com/glyph/txsni/blob/master/setup.py#L16>
and I haven't found a setup that breaks it yet.

-glyph