[Twisted-Python] Twisted 14.0.0-pre1 Announcement

HawkOwl hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Wed Mar 19 08:43:29 MDT 2014

I am pleased to announce that the first prerelease of Twisted 14.0 is hot off the code presses for testing!

Tarballs for this prerelease can be found at <http://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/14.0.0pre1>, with the changelog at <http://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/pre/14.0.0pre1/NEWS.txt>.

Highlights include:

-Twisted Positioning (`twisted.positioning`) makes its entry into Twisted! It comes ready to talk with common GPS devices, and will supersede `twisted.protocols.gps`.

- A wealth of SSL/TLS improvements, including ECDHE support, a stronger default set of ciphers, and strengthening against attacks such as CRIME. A Twisted Web server with pyOpenSSL 0.14 is capable of getting an A in Qualys SSL Labs tests.

- Python 3 improvements, including the ability for `pip install` to install all ported modules.

- Twisted Pair’s TUN/TAP support has been overhauled, with documentation and full test coverage.

- Significant documentation improvements, including more API documentation for Twisted Mail & Twisted Names, narrative documentation for Twisted Names, and a migration to Sphinx for building Twisted narrative docs.

For more information and a full list of changes, check the NEWS.txt file.

Please download the tarballs and test them with your applications, so we can make sure we’re all ready for release!

-hawkowl