[Twisted-Python] git?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Mar 13 13:38:42 MDT 2014

On Mar 12, 2014, at 11:53 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

> Not to be too contentious, but when do you reckon you guys will switch the main repo to git?

Just to be clear about the nature of my other answers: we do not "reckon" such a thing will happen; we have no estimates.  Things get done because volunteers do them.  You could be just such a volunteer :).

We do have some rules about how volunteers can do such things - for example, we are not going to take down the project's infrastructure "for a little while" because someone claims they're going to do this work.  In the past we've been burned by people showing up, breaking stuff, and then wandering off forever, so we will only deploy stuff once we have some reasonable expectation that the work is already done and tested in some way.

But within those constraints, it's totally up to you now :-).  (Inasmuch as it's up to all of us.)

-glyph