[Twisted-Python] git?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 00:53:45 MDT 2014

On 12/03/2014 23:52, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> On Mar 12, 2014, at 3:43 PM, Christopher Armstrong
> <radix at twistedmatrix.com <mailto:radix at twistedmatrix.com>> wrote:
>
>> On March 12, 2014 at 5:39:36 PM, Chris Withers (chris at simplistix.co.uk
>> <mailto:chris at simplistix.co.uk>) wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Is there a git mirror of the twisted repo anywhere?
>>>
>> Yes, it’s at
>>
>> http://github.com/twisted/twisted
>
> Also at https://code.twistedmatrix.com/git/Twisted.
>
> However, if you actually want to /use/ this mirror to work on Twisted,
> <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/GitMirror> has some useful information.

Not to be too contentious, but when do you reckon you guys will switch
the main repo to git?

The difficulty of using svn for the main repo is that it only has a
subset of the features of a dvcs such as git.

The difficulty of using git for the main repo is if you have people who
still want to interact via svn. Well, it would be if you didn't use github:

https://help.github.com/articles/support-for-subversion-clients

I do wonder how many people know about the above feature, it blows my
mind a bit that it's actually there in the first place...

Anyway, just a thought :-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk