[Twisted-Python] Freezing Ampoule or the Invasion of Infinite Zombie Processes

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Mar 12 17:45:15 MDT 2014

On Mar 12, 2014, at 4:32 AM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> Considering the amount of maintenance Ampoule seems to have gotten over the last four years (~1 commit) I doubt you can count on someone else picking this up just because it would be great, though.

The licenses are compatible and the maintainer is amenable to the idea though, so if you (and by "you" I mean Burak, not exarkun) wanted to start the work of merging in Ampoule, you could go right ahead.

The one caveat I will give you is that Ampoule is probably not quite good enough as-is.  It's been a while, but I definitely remember discussing some of its deficiencies with people who had used it; you will probably get requests to change stuff in code review.  That's OK though, that's the whole point of code review.  This actually means that the fact that it's unmaintained is a good thing - not a lot of duplication of effort to improve it :).

-glyph