[Twisted-Python] Fixing pydoctor / epydocs errors

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Mar 3 10:11:12 MST 2014

Hi,

I would like to fix pydoctor / epydocs errors generated while building
twisted api reference documentation.

The goal is to have a clean build so that when a developer sees an error in
his/her branch, the errors is for sure produced by his/her changes.

My current problem is that I can not reproduce the results generated by
Twisted buildbot.

For example for pair, Twisted buildbot gives [1]:

twisted.pair.tuntap._IInputOutputSystem.ioctl:143 invalid ref to fcntl.ioctl
twisted.pair.tuntap._IInputOutputSystem.ioctl:143 invalid ref to fcntl.ioctl
twisted.pair.testing.MemoryIOSystem.ioctl:442 invalid ref to fcntl.ioctl
twisted.pair.testing.MemoryIOSystem.ioctl:442 invalid ref to fcntl.ioctl

While on Travis-CI builder, and my local system I get [2]:

twisted.pair.testing.MemoryIOSystem.receiveUDP:494 invalid ref to
socket.socket
twisted.pair.testing.MemoryIOSystem.receiveUDP:494 invalid ref to
socket.socket
twisted.pair.testing._FakePort.recv:527 invalid ref to socket.socket.recv
twisted.pair.testing._FakePort.recv:527 invalid ref to socket.socket.recv
twisted.pair.testing._FakePort.recv:527 invalid ref to socket.socket.recv
twisted.pair.testing._FakePort.recv:527 invalid ref to socket.socket.recv
twisted.pair.tuntap._IInputOutputSystem.receiveUDP:182 invalid ref to
socket.socket
twisted.pair.tuntap._IInputOutputSystem.receiveUDP:182 invalid ref to
socket.socket

-----

The command used is

python bin/admin/build-apidocs . apidocs

Does anyone has any clue what can go wrong and why I get this differences ?

Thanks!

[1] https://travis-ci.org/chevah/twisted/jobs/19809459
[2]
http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/documentation/builds/4469/steps/api-documentation/logs/stdio