[Twisted-Python] Known bug with twistd log rotation

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jun 19 05:38:09 MDT 2014

On 17 Jun, 03:56 pm, max at riehl.io wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I finally found the time to do some work on the ticket but have been
>unable to find out how to attach a patch so far.
>I caught some discussion about a trac change that requires new users to
>do "something" before they are able to make changes to tickets.
>
>Maybe you can brief me about the required steps? I'm also willing to
>wait if some documentation is on the way.
>

>I also noted a few problems while trying to contribute (wrong
>instructions, hanging tests, etc) and would be happy to help make this
>better, but I'm unsure where to start.

Hi Max,

Please keep discussion on the mailing list.  I didn't even see your
email until this morning.

The required steps are simple: contact a trac admin (mail the list or
join #twisted-dev on freenode), convince them you aren't a spammer, and
tell them your trac username.

I think you only need to complete the third step at this point.

I'm waiting for someone to volunteer to update some trac pages to
include this information.  I looked at some templates and decided I
didn't have enough time to figure out how they work.

Jean-Paul