[Twisted-Python] Status of trac upgrade

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jun 17 16:25:57 MDT 2014

On Jun 16, 2014, at 1:34 PM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> On 16 June 2014 04:00,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>> On 23 May, 01:11 pm, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> I was just wondering what the current status of the effort to upgrade trac
>>> on twistedmatrix.com is.
>>

>> Hello again,
>>
>> Lacking any updates on this, I make some adjustments today. Authenticated
>> users no longer automatically have permission to create or modify tickets.
>> I imagine the next step in this direction would be to communicate this
>> information to users automatically and give them instructions about how to
>> be granted these permissions.  If anyone has any suggestions about how this
>> could be done, they would be quite welcome.
>>
>> And if anyone wants to continue the upgrade effort then of course that would
>> be appreciated as well.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jean-Paul
>>
> Does the Trac migration has any coordinator?
> What needs to be done?
> I added Misu to CC. He is the sysadmin of the project on which I work
> and he is willing to help.

Hi Adi, Mișu,

Nobody's really in charge of this per se, but David Reid did some work on it earlier.

He and I will be trying to do some work on it this Thursday to move it forward and particularly to put more information on the relevant PR <https://github.com/twisted-infra/trac-config/pull/10> to try to make it possible for folks like yourself to contribute.

If you'd like to be around in #twisted-admin on Freenode when we're doing that (starting approximately 10AM PST) we'll try to be there.

Thanks for your interest,

-glyph