[Twisted-Python] adbapi.ConnectionPool - reconnecting to postgresql

Jonathan Vanasco twisted-python at 2xlp.com
Tue Jun 10 12:24:24 MDT 2014

I had to restart postgresql , and that triggered some endless errors in my logs.

i don't have anything that can handle a suddenly dropped / resumed connection.

does anyone have a recommendation for trying to reconnect or handle this in general

from what I can tell from my logs...

When I catch an error, my cleanup code tries to

		self._connection.rollback()

	which raises

		psycopg2.InterfaceError: connection already closed

My immediate thoughts are:

1. catching the correct disconnect error
2. telling the connection/pool to reconnect