[Twisted-Python] inlineCallbacks and current exceptions: leaky abstraction or bug?

Dustin J. Mitchell dustin at v.igoro.us
Tue Jul 29 08:10:08 MDT 2014

Bare except and bare raise are both bad Python style in general, for
exactly the reasons that lvh and glyph have identified.  That
inlineCallbacks (might?) turn "bad style as it might fail when you
least expect it" into "always fails" doesn't seem like a bug to me --
in fact, by removing some nondeterminism[1] I think it's a feature!

Dustin

[1] Of the worst kind: based on deployment details, library versions,
configuration, and DB server behavior, rather than truly random