[Twisted-Python] Tubes!

Tobias Oberstein tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de
Fri Jul 11 11:16:32 MDT 2014

> Specifically, I think it would be beneficial to set up a tubes project on Github
> under the Twisted organization and try for a release in the very near future.
>
> I think this has several advantages over the status quo:

+1 for splitting into a separate project.

even if Tubes would be considered experimental / mostly unusable right now.

the best thing that could happen: people actually start playing around with it. which provides real-world feedback.

"finishing" it in the backroom and only later release something "ready" without gathering real-world feedback: that's a risk IMO, rather than good practice.

I guess I am a proponent of the "release early release often" mantra.

better release something unfinished and gain feedback, than release something "finished" not meeting user expectations.

just my 2cts,

cheers,
/Tobias