[Twisted-Python] bringing LDAP back

Bret Curtis bret.curtis at amplidata.com
Mon Jul 7 04:23:29 MDT 2014

Hello again,

I sent another pull request, this takes care of the last 3 failing
tests and opens up an additional 50 tests that also pass now. We're
now at 387 tests!

https://github.com/twisted/ldaptor/pull/3

It is my recommendation that after this is reviewed and hopfully
commited that we make a branch and tag the release as 0.54.0. The
reason for the large jump is that antong's last semi-offical release
was 0.53 on PyPI. At this point we (myself and anyone else that wants
to help) should reach out to downstream projects (PyPI, Debian, and
etc.) to make them aware that Ldaptor development is again active.

I would also like to (ab)use github's issue tracker and milestones to
sort issues into queues. For example, the next milestone would be 0.55
with: https://github.com/twisted/ldaptor/issues/2  as the first real
issue to be tracked there. Another issue I'll file shortly will be
that we go through the code and start refactoring deprecated code like
I did for test_ldiftree.py.

Would you mind if I did this or would you rather someone else handle this?

Another question is that of documentation.  We could use sphinx to
handle this to autodoc our API and also include howtos and examples.
This can readily be used for html, pdf and man page generation which
would be handy for downstream.

What does everyone think?

Cheers,
Bret