[Twisted-Python] bringing LDAP back

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jul 1 16:45:42 MDT 2014

On Jul 1, 2014, at 2:19 PM, Bret Curtis <bret.curtis at amplidata.com> wrote:

> On 1 July 2014 21:06, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 1, 2014, at 11:57 AM, Tommi Virtanen <tommi.virtanen at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'm no Github expert, but you should be able to just make people be in
>>> a non-"Owners" team, and then selectively give that team push access
>>> to only the repos you want.
>>>

> Not only this, I still like the idea of forking from Twisted/ldaptor
> in my own repo and working on my own branch. When finished, I usually
> send a merge request upstream, in this case to Twisted/ldaptor. I
> assume that it would either be accepted or rejected with comments.  If
> this is too much overhead for you, then the below is a good idea and
> give make us contributors.

I've made you a contributor to that repository, but I recommend that you do this anyway, and (for now) just merge your own PRs after a little while if nobody steps forward to review them.  Hopefully some more interested parties will arrive and allow for a nice review-driven process early though :-).

>>> The "Owners" team probably gives non-admin contributors too much power
>>> in the first place.
>>

> This works by creating a team with 'write access' to twisted/ldaptor.
> This would make you (Glyph) the gatekeeper (admin access by default)
> in adding and kicking members out of the group. The rest of the world
> is technically in the 'read access'  team as is the nature of open
> organizations on github.
>
>> This is indeed a better idea.
>>
>> I'll still need the list of names for that team though ;)
>
> psi29a
> https://github.com/psi29a

Let me know if I did this right:

https://github.com/twisted/ldaptor