[Twisted-Python] Is there pb documentation somewhere?

Daniel Sank sank.daniel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 20:26:02 MDT 2014

I've been trying to address ticket 7274

https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/7274

To do this, I am trying to understand the PB protocol. While I found a spec
for banana in twisted-daniel/docs/core/specifications/banana.rst, I have
not found anything similar for pb. I've been piecing it together by writing
little test scripts, but it is slow going. In particular, it is very
difficult to understand the meaning of verbs like "cook" and "preserve" and
nouns like "persistent store" without some global picture of what's going
on.

1. Is there some kind of narrative documentation on how pb works under the
hood?

2. Is there a specification for the pb dialect of banana?

3. Is there anyone else out there interested enough in pb to want to work
with me to figure things out and produce documentation if there isn't any
currently?

Sincerely,
Daniel Sank