[Twisted-Python] some competition and hopefully inspiration for conch

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jul 16 15:40:48 MDT 2014

There's a new Python-based asynchronous SSH client and server in town:

<http://asyncssh.timeheart.net/#>

This looks to have a much more straightforward API and way better documentation than Conch, although it's of course python 3.4+ only and lacks many of Conch's sophisticated (if somewhat idiosyncratic) terminal handling features.

I hope that this project will spur a little friendly competition from Conch's maintainers, such as we are :-).

(Just a thought, it would be great if <https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/conch/howto/index.html> looked more like that web page, in terms of how long the examples are, what is demonstrated, and what is documented...)

-glyph