[Twisted-Python] FTP box disconnecting after 60 seconds

Paul Wiseman poalman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 08:45:42 MDT 2014

Hey,

This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but I'm really not sure what to try next.

Basically I've got a custom twisted FTP server, recently (not sure
when it started) I've noticed that connections to it seem to
disconnect after 60 seconds if they haven't completed. This could be a
slow LIST response, or a large file being transferred in a RETR
download. It doesn't seem to matter if the connection is idle or not,
but after 60 seconds it seems to get closed.

I can't recreate this locally, nor if I clone the live box. I've even
set up a new box which didn't exhibit the behaviour, then switched the
current live box to the new box and then the behaviour started to
occur, only when it went live.

So the only thing I can think of is that it happens when multiple
users are on the box which makes it very difficult to pin point /
recreate.

I'm a bit of a loss as to how to try and move this forward and try and
work out what the issue is.

I just thought I'd ask here incase it sounds like anything someone has
run into before? or if anyone has any ideas of where to start looking
(it disconnects at 60/61 seconds)? Maybe a timeout value somewhere
perhaps?

Thanks!

Paul