[Twisted-Python] Maximum number of SSL connections to the server

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.io
Mon Jan 13 07:22:51 MST 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 3:19 PM, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> select() has a hard limit that is often 1024.  Make sure you're not using
> the select()-based reactor (which I think is probably the default on OS X).
>
> Jean-Paul

What is the A-grade reactor on OS X? I thought it was cfreactor, but the
docs appear to brand it as a GUI reactor (that doesn't mean it can't be
better than select, of course); perhaps it's kqueuereactor but I hear
kqueue is kind of gimpy on OS X compared to FreeBSD (but I have no idea
what that actually entails).

cheers
lvh