[Twisted-Python] starting point to contribute

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jan 17 17:02:27 MST 2014

On Jan 17, 2014, at 10:06 AM, Kasun Thennakoon <tmkasun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>          I'm kasun from srilanka, and i'm developing a vehicle tracking system for one of our government authorities,when i start coding for the project, I used the support of basic python modules(socket,threading)[1], then I got to know about the usability of Twisted and re-factored the code[2] to use Twisted because it's a great python network framework.
> so I have hands on experience with the framework.I'm happy to start contributing to twisted community.and i have already gone through two articles about the development process (ContributingToTwistedLabs and TwistedDevelopment).So if you can suggest me a good starting point I would be more than happy to contribute

Hi Kasun!

I'm so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience developing something with Twisted, and even happier to hear that you'd like to contribute.

There's a bit of a getting-started guide at <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContributingToTwistedLabs>, but please feel free to ask more questions as you work your way through it.

I would like to suggest something more specific but I don't know a lot about you yet, and there are a lot of potential things to suggest :-).  What are your interests?  What parts of Twisted would you like to contribute to?

-glyph