[Twisted-Python] multiple log-in / perspective broker

Daniel Sank sank.daniel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 13:46:43 MST 2014

> In other words, you don't have to log in on the *root* pb object.  Loginis just
> a PB method call.  You can have a second portal wrapping a different realm
> handing out different avatars and you can log in to that portal the
second time.

I look in t.s.pb to find out what methods are called during log in.
PBServerFactory is adapted to a pb root object by _PortalRoot which returns
a _PortalWrapper from rootObject(self, broker).

_PortalWrapper has a remote_login method with the following code

def remote_login(self, username):
        """
        Start of username/password login.
        """
        c = challenge()
        return c, _PortalAuthChallenger(self.portal, self.broker, username,
c)

I'm confused by this because I expect that attempting to return an instance
of _PortalAuthChallenger from the remote_login method should fail (ie.
insecureJelly). How does this work?