[Twisted-Python] Contributing documentation inside CONTRIBUTING repo file

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Feb 21 19:49:29 MST 2014

On Feb 21, 2014, at 8:03 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> There is currently an effort to re-organize the contributor documentation underway.  Given its fragile state, I wouldn't want to disturb it sending work off in a different direction.  On the other hand, if you'd like to take over and complete it, feel free to take whatever direction you like. :)  Either way I suggest you try to coordinate with the folks working on that.
>
> Thanks for the reply. I am happy to coordinate with folks working on contributor documentation re-organization, but I have idea how exactly I am supposed to do that and who is working on this task.

Richard Wall and Ashwini Oruganti are two of the people working on this, but to the best of my knowledge this effort is unfortunately mostly stalled right now.  If neither of them respond promptly to this thread, I think it would be best to consider that effort defunct and proceed with whatever changes you want to make.

The timeline report on wiki changes <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/timeline?from=02%2F21%2F2014&daysback=90&wiki=on&update=Update> suggests that no work has been done on this in over 90 days, which seems like an appropriate window beyond which superseding it is fair game :).

-glyph