[Twisted-Python] Status of twistedchecker

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Thu Feb 20 07:00:53 MST 2014

Hi,

While submitting a patch on Twisted I got a review response that my code is
not complaint with `twistedchecker`.

My first reaction was: Holy code, what is twistedchecker!

Searching the source code for `twistedchecker` gave no results and on the
website there were only 2 wiki pages... none talking about how to use
twistedcheck as a Twisted developer.

Hitting the #twisted-dev channel I found out about twistedchecker and
install version 0.2.0

Now that I got some info about twistedchecker  and wiki write access I
would like to update the
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedDevelopment wiki page with
information about how a Twisted developer is expected to use twistedchecker.

I run twistedcheck on trunk and got a lot of errors.

Am I suppose to look through all those error and filter the ones generated
by my changes?

Since twistedchecker is only about twisted, shouldn't it be included as a
dependency to twisted-dev-tools so that as I developer I would only need to
install one extra package and it will pull all development/testing
depenencies?

Thanks!
--
Adi Roiban