[Twisted-Python] Process without fork() exec()

Toph Bei Fong toph_ut at yahoo.de
Wed Feb 5 08:59:05 MST 2014

Hello,
im trying to make Twisted run on an embedded system which doesnt support fork() and exec().
Lets say i have a function os.writeLine(), which just makes a prinft("foo") on the stdout.
I implemented writeLine() in the posixmodule.c of the python so os.writeLine() would make the work.

Now i would like to create a Process (from buildbot ShellCommand) which just calls writeLine() and gets the stdout of it (foo).
No fork, no exec ..
std are standards: 0,1 and 2.
since i tried to understand the class Process(_BaseProcess) in (twisted/internet/process) and i couldnt resolve my problem alone, i would like to get some help so could someone please point me to the right direction ..

best regards ..