[Twisted-Python] hey pypy fans

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Dec 1 16:56:48 MST 2014

We (and by "we" I mean the greater part of Twisted Matrix Labs, including myself) frequently recommend the combination of PyPy and Twisted in production, yet PyPy is not a supported platform according to our own rules for platform support.

I propose we change that.

Until yesterday, even our unsupported builder was offline and broken.  I've set up a reasonably configured PyPy builder with many dependencies installed (although not PyCrypto, since that doesn't support PyPy).

There are some build failures, but not an overwhelming number:

<http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/trusty64-pypy-2.4/builds/1/steps/trial/logs/problems <http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/trusty64-pypy-2.4/builds/1/steps/trial/logs/problems>>

Most of these are meta-programming issues, a couple have to do with garbage-collector interactions, and there is at least one with an issue with spawnProcess.  If any of these failures make sense to you, please file bugs and submit patches.

I've created a milestone for this:

<https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/milestone/PyPy-support <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/milestone/PyPy-support>>

so please feel free to put your tickets into it.

-glyph