[Twisted-Python] running twisted with supervisord -- logging question

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Sat Aug 23 18:58:32 MDT 2014

Hi

that's what I use in my .tac files

application = service.Application(mainPkgName)

#use this code below to configure logging in all aspects; keep in mind
#that for the log rotating code the
#access rights must be set such that the process has write access  to
#the log directory. A trick to adapt to
#get a logfile with the demoted process's UID/GID is to have an already
#existing file with all the properties
#set. LogFile will from then on create rotated files with the same
#properties.

application.setComponent(ILogObserver,
FileLogObserver(LogFile('the.log', '/var/log/my-app',
rotateLength=100000)).emit)

Werner