[Twisted-Python] Is there pb documentation somewhere?

Daniel Sank sank.daniel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:42:05 MDT 2014

glyph,

> I really wish we would stop calling things "bad" and "good".

My wording of exarkun's wording. He gave a much more detailed description
of what he think's is "crazy" about pb.

> make your own decisions about how to write your own code.

Indeed, but gathering information from wiser folks is always a good idea,
and usually best done _often_ during development :)

> I'm happy to trade 2-for-1 - if you do two code reviews, I will regard it
as an immediate obligation for
> me to review a ticket you direct me to ;).

Deal. However, rather than direct your attention to tickets, at this stage
I would rather trade reviews for discussion. I'll do two reviews and then
post a few questions to this mailing list thread. Once I start actually
writing patches/new code we can trade reviews for attention to tickets. Ok?

> These would also be easier to land, and a couple of decades in open
source has taught me that nothing
> motivates development activity like successful development activity ;).

Indeed. There are one or two architectural issues I want to understand
before moving on to real coding. I will try to get through that asap by
reviewing tickets and trading for discussion of those architectural issues.

> Hopefully you can make sense out of the explanations above and your own
existing knowledge.
> Are there any other phases of the process which are confusing?

This all makes sense now. I hadn't understood the point of the cooker, but
now that you've explained it, I understand what's going on. I will
transform your mailing list explanation to documentation shortly.

Daniel