[Twisted-Python] TerminalSession instance has no attribute 'windowChanged'

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Aug 1 04:17:12 MDT 2014

On Jul 31, 2014, at 3:03 AM, Maxim Lacrima <lacrima.maxim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> When size of terminal window of ssh client is changed, then twisted ssh server throws an exception:
>
> exceptions.AttributeError: TerminalSession instance has no attribute 'windowChanged'
>
> `manhole_ssh.TerminalSession` doesn't implement this method, but according to ISession interface it should.
>
> Is this a bug?

Yes, this is definitely a bug.  The interface says it should be there, it's called by a user of the interface, and it is not present.  Pretty clearly wrong.  Can you file a ticket?

> I use insults to create some curses-like ui and I need widgets to be redrawn when the size of window is changed.

This is definitely possible.  Just to get yourself unblocked right now, you can probably give your TerminalRealm a different sessionFactory programmatically, one that subclasses TerminalSession and hacks in the requisite method.

But please help us fix this for real going forward too ;).

-glyph